Thursday 9 April 2009

My favourite flowers are blooming

In a hidden corner among the rubble in the garden, a small clutch of snakeshead fritillaries hang their heads shyly. But when you're as beautiful as this, what is there to be shy about?
Every night the pixies come out and paint them. I know this must be so because they always forget one or two, and leave them creamy white, a blank canvas to be filled another night.
I always believed there were fairies at the bottom of the garden. When you're this tired (two weeks into lambing), whimsy welcomes you in its warm embrace.

5 comments:

Flowerpot said...

They're my favourite too Mopsa. Hope ou get some sleep and a rest soon!

KAZ said...

That's beautiful Mopsa - I don't think we see those round here - but the wood anemones are fab this year.

Mopsa said...

Thank you Fpot and Kaz. And we do have a great patch of wood anemones by the river..I'm hoping they'll spread.

paula said...

Mine too. Love them!
I actually took one out to Marseille for Pip - to remind him of the Devonian springtime...
Aren't the flowers quite stunning this year - it's the snow that helps them.

Whispering Walls said...

How beautiful - maybe Klimt got some inspiration from them