Wednesday 18 March 2009

Chance meetings

So much to do, so much to write, so much travel, so much thinking and planning and anticipating. It's spring, things are podding and everything is demanding, so I have been remiss and not posted for a week. A whole week! The financial year is drawing to a close and lambing hasn't even started yet.
I just wanted to share a thought on bumping into people you know when you are away from home. I was pootling about the Midlands this week and bumped into two people I had no reason to expect to see. One on a station platform, the other in an art gallery. OK, I lived in the region for twenty years but it's a HUGE region with MILLIONS of people, so why should I see anyone I know in a snappy 24 hour visit, apart from those I'd actually arranged to see?
And then on the train home I saw yet another friend and we chatted of this and that as the miles were chomped up and I felt as if the journey had been halved, having had company and conversation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes coincidences are almost too coincidental - fate and all that! How good though – these chance encounters.

Scriptor Senex said...

"The financial year is drawing to a close and lambing hasn't even started yet." Boring days and cold nights - you know how to bring the romance of farming down to earth with a bump... I trust there will the compensation of a good crop of lambs and easy to find figures.

Arcadian Advocate said...

My son met someone he knew from New Zealand on a spontaneous trip to the London Eye, how random is that?

Mopsa said...

Yes Paula, it was a real treat.

SS - romance is all around; it's Spring! But the accounts still need doing :(

AA - we once met friends from Warwickshire in a Devon hideaway...our dogs recognised each other first.