Sunday 8 March 2009

Past the dung heap

It's not a good photo. It's the one that gets sifted to the bottom of the heap and then has folks peering through the murk to test their memory of places or faces. But it's taken from the sole vantage point (other than bird's eye, and I don't have a micro-light, plane or hot air balloon) that captures a decent proportion of the farm; not easy in this undulating landscape. So I get to the top of the hill, and right smack bang where I intend to press the image making button, is a new and vast dungheap. All fine and proper, but I can't see through a dung heap.

7 comments:

mountainear said...

Nothing wrong with a muck heap - in fact we're trying to persuade our neighbours to move some of their's a bit closer to our vegetable plot. Amazing how desirable something undesirable becomes when it's the other much wanted and a good wheelbarrow's push up the lane.

Scriptor Senex said...

I assume you were in your wellies - where's your sense of adventure - you could have climbed it and taken the photo from the top! (Then called on someone you didn't like for a coffee!)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I think you did very well!

Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to orientate myself...it looks so different up there.

Mopsa said...

M'ear - no, they are the most useful of things - I just wasn't expecting it there!

Always in wellies SS - but I didn't fancy the climb -it was huge!

Ta Welshcakes.

Paula - you probably pass the gateway frequently - it's on a 90 degree bend - the first of two from you!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Eh? That's not a farm it's a country estate! You should have sent one of your servants up the hill or maybe your gamekeeper! Is he called Mellers by any chance? "Oh ar whatever tha sez milady!"

Mopsa said...

I wish YP! A hand around the place would be great. There be just us two labourers. The dogs just won't oblige when I ask them to just pull on the end of that, or just carry that up there...