Thursday 5 March 2009

It's snow time (again)

Well it's back.
I spent the early morning sliding round the farm feeding things and trying my best not to fall on my arse, whilst rootling around my pocket for knife, tissue or camera.
The quality of insulation provided by llama hair never fails to amaze me; the sheep had a light dusting of snow, but there were great clods of the stuff on Humphrey.
Mopsa lay belly down on the snow, unfazed by it all, in her natural element. The geese were unbothered. But I am hoping that in three weeks time we are out of this return of real winter weather and the lambs can emerge in the sun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and yesterday afternoon did you ever think you'd wake up this morning to this...wasn't that a surprise! Love the snowy photos.
I've a load of posts to catch up on - will have a good read in the morning.

Flowerpot said...

we escaped the snow this time round but you have been blizt haven't you? Lovely pics though.

Whispering Walls said...

Humphrey's photo could make another great Xmas card

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Gosh, more snow over there! Beautiful pictures, especially of Mopsa.

Mopsa said...

No, Paula, altho the forecast was right for a change!

Fpot - yup, but all gone now.

WW - I should have stuck some antlers on him.

Welshcakes - Mopsa truly is my darling!