Friday 20 March 2009

Stop Press...Hard Hattie has emerged

It's not only official, it has the seal of approval from the tortoise. Spring is here!
Today, the Hard Hattie of West Devon came creeping backwards out of her hibernation box. Yesterday I'd put it out in the sun to start warming the gal up, and it worked.
I've fretted mildly, on and off, all winter, just in case Hattie had gone to bed without adequate fat reserves, or that I'd done something wrong, or, or, or... but here she is, wading through long grass, chomping apple, generally giving it large. I'm incredibly pleased to see her.

5 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

A pie with a head? Weird!

Anonymous said...

Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah!

Scriptor Senex said...

I was already jealous - a farm, Devon, what more could I want? But now a tortoise as well. You lucky soul. Glad ít is well.

Whispering Walls said...

Hurrah for Hattie!

Mopsa said...

YP - you obviously like your pies as hard as nails... I like them buttery and soft

Paula - Hoorah!

SS - isn't she adorable?

WW - Hurrah!